Red Wine Compound May Help with Alzheimer's
Resveratrol, a compound found in red wine, red grapes, raspberries and dark chocolate, could slow cognitive decline in patients with Alzheimer’s disease, a new study found.
What Seafood Could Do for Dementia Risk
Despite its many nutritional benefits, seafood contains mercury — a known neurotoxin. But new evidence suggests eating seafood may actually lower the risk for one neurological disorder.
Omega-3 Supplements May Not Be Cutting It
Omega-3 pills are among the most popular dietary supplements in the US. But these pills may not be living up to their claims.
Nuts and Olive Oil Might Be Brain Boosters
The Mediterranean diet — with its vegetables, fruits, beans, lean meat and fish — may be heart-healthy. Add nuts and olive oil to the mix, and the brain may also get a lift.
Coffee Buzz May Keep Minds Sharp
Reducing your risk for Alzheimer’s may be as simple as enjoying a few cups of coffee each day.
B Vitamins Did Not Prevent Alzheimer's
Some in the medical community have zeroed in on B vitamins as having the potential to reduce Alzheimer’s risk. But recent research suggested this hypothesis wasn't true.
Staying Active May Lower Alzheimer's Risk
Alzheimer’s disease and the memory loss and behavioral changes that come with it can take a major toll on patients and their families. Unfortunately, the number of Alzheimer's cases continues to rise with the growing elderly population.
Lifestyle Linked to Memory Issues, Even for Younger Adults
While there are ways to ease symptoms of Alzheimer's disease, there are no treatments to stop the disease itself. For that reason, many doctors and researchers have shifted their focus to finding ways to prevent the disease.
What Women Need to Know About Bladder Control
Involuntary loss of urine can be embarrassing and a bit frustrating. Luckily, we have some information about the condition, possible causes and treatments.
Dangers of Drinking Too Much Alcohol
Binge drinking, especially over the course of several years, can come with severe health consequences. Here’s a list of some of the consequences of drinking too much alcohol.
- (-) Remove Healthy Eating and Diet filter Healthy Eating and Diet
- (-) Remove Neuromuscular Disease filter Neuromuscular Disease
- (-) Remove Alzheimers Disease filter Alzheimers Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (5) Apply Multiple Sclerosis filter
- Parkinsons Disease (3) Apply Parkinsons Disease filter
- Osteoporosis (2) Apply Osteoporosis filter
- Epilepsy Seizure Disorders (1) Apply Epilepsy Seizure Disorders filter
- Migraine Headaches (1) Apply Migraine Headaches filter
- Mental Health (26) Apply Mental Health filter
- Cardiovascular (11) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (8) Apply Diabetes filter
- Infectious Disease (7) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Cancer (6) Apply Cancer filter
- Rheumatic Disease (6) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (4) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Incontinence (3) Apply Incontinence filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (3) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Patient Safety Education (3) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Womens Health (3) Apply Womens Health filter
- Kidney Disease (2) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Pediatrics (2) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Gout (1) Apply Gout filter
- Pulmonary Disease (1) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Thyroid Disorders (1) Apply Thyroid Disorders filter