FDA Approves Second Brain Imaging Rx for Alzheimer’s Disease, Dementia Evaluation
The US Food and Drug Administration today approved Vizamyl ( flutemetamol F 18 injection), a radioactive diagnostic drug for use with positron emission tomography (PET) imaging of the brain in adults being evaluated for Alzheimer's disease (AD) and dementia.
Blood Pressure Medication and Dementia
There are a lot of medications to treat high blood pressure. Some of them may even help fight Alzheimer's disease.
Sleeplessness May Harm Aging Brain
When people don't get enough sleep, they might complain about not having a clear mind. A lack of shut-eye also may affect their mind in other ways.
Heart Meds and Healthy Minds
Statins, a type of medication used to lower cholesterol, recently underwent some label changes. This caused some confusion about a potential association with cognition problems, including short-term memory loss.
When the Stress Goes to Your Head
Certain events in our lives can cause very high levels of stress. From deaths and divorce to losing a job, the stress of these events might last longer than we realize.
A Global Look at Alzheimer's
Alzheimer's disease, and other forms of dementia, are conditions that affect people all over the world. A new report took a closer look at the actual global impact of Alzheimer's.
Staying Fit to Fend off Illness
The risk for various health problems increases with age. But there are steps people can take to help minimize these risks, and exercise seems to be one of those steps.
Exercise for the Mind
Mild cognitive impairment causes problems with memory, language and thinking. It can also put people at a greater risk for developing Alzheimer's. For patients with mild cognitive impairment (MCI), exercising may offer some protection for the mind.
Can Cancer Cancel Alzheimer's?
Alzheimer's disease is the most common type of dementia. Alzheimer's is not a normal part of aging, although it typically develops in later adulthood. Research is ongoing to find causes and cures for Alzheimer's, including links between Alzheimer's and other diseases.
Diagnosing the Right Kind of Dementia
Alzheimer's disease is the most common type of dementia, which causes memory loss and behavioral changes. There are other types of dementia, and the correct diagnosis is important for treatment.
- Aricept (7) Apply Aricept filter
- Exelon (4) Apply Exelon filter
- Namenda (4) Apply Namenda filter
- Ativan (1) Apply Ativan filter
- Crestor (1) Apply Crestor filter
- Depakote (1) Apply Depakote filter
- Keppra (1) Apply Keppra filter
- Klonopin (1) Apply Klonopin filter
- Lipitor (1) Apply Lipitor filter
- Risperdal Consta (1) Apply Risperdal Consta filter
- Valium (1) Apply Valium filter
- Xanax (1) Apply Xanax filter
- Zocor (1) Apply Zocor filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- (-) Remove Dementia filter Dementia
- Depression (10) Apply Depression filter
- Sleep Disorders (6) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Anxiety Disorders (3) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Emotional Health (3) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Stress (3) Apply Stress filter
- Suicide Prevention (1) Apply Suicide Prevention filter
- Traumatic Brain Injury (1) Apply Traumatic Brain Injury filter
- (-) Remove Neuromuscular Disease filter Neuromuscular Disease
- Alzheimers Disease (181) Apply Alzheimers Disease filter
- Parkinsons Disease (9) Apply Parkinsons Disease filter
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (1) Apply Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis filter
- Epilepsy Seizure Disorders (1) Apply Epilepsy Seizure Disorders filter
- Huntingtons Disease (1) Apply Huntingtons Disease filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (17) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Cardiovascular (16) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Hypertension (7) Apply Hypertension filter
- Stroke (4) Apply Stroke filter
- High Cholesterol (3) Apply High Cholesterol filter
- Atrial Fibrillation (2) Apply Atrial Fibrillation filter
- Atherosclerosis (1) Apply Atherosclerosis filter
- Congestive Heart Failure (1) Apply Congestive Heart Failure filter
- Heart Attack (1) Apply Heart Attack filter
- Womens Health (7) Apply Womens Health filter
- Patient Safety Education (5) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Trauma (5) Apply Trauma filter
- Diabetes (4) Apply Diabetes filter
- Mens Health (3) Apply Mens Health filter
- Cancer (2) Apply Cancer filter
- Infectious Disease (2) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (2) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Incontinence (1) Apply Incontinence filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (1) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health