What Menopause Might Mean for Your Heart
Women who reached menopause at a younger age or never had a child had a raised risk of heart failure, according to a new study.
Headed for Menopause? Watch Your Health
Biological changes can have a significant impact on physical health not only after menopause, but also in the years leading up to it, a new study found.
Blood Thinners, the Pill and HRT: The New Findings
Women with a history of blood clots are often advised to stop hormone replacement therapy (HRT) or using birth control pills — even if they are already on a blood thinner. But a new discovery could change that.
Hormone Therapy for Women: Timing Matters
Hormone therapy for menopause has been a controversial subject for some time, primarily because of its link to heart disease risk.
Atrial Fibrillation: What Women Need to Know
Heart rhythm disorders affect more than 2 million Americans. The most common of these disorders is atrial fibrillation (AFib) — and it may affect women differently than men.
This Rx Combo Might Protect Hearts After Menopause
Women have a higher risk of heart disease after menopause, but a combination therapy may reduce that risk.
Menopause Rx: The Heart of the Matter
The use of hormones during menopause was once thought to protect against heart disease, but that may not be the case.
This Menopause Symptom Could Signal Heart Disease
Hot flashes may be one of the best-known symptoms of menopause — and they may also signal a heart health risk.
Early Menopause Could Hurt Your Heart
Women typically go through menopause in their early 50s. Hitting menopause before this age might carry some serious risks to the heart.
Surprising Side Effects of OTC Meds
If you are using over-the-counter medications, stay aware of these fifteen common side effects.
- (-) Remove Cardiovascular filter Cardiovascular
- (-) Remove Obstetrics/Gynecology filter Obstetrics/Gynecology
- (-) Remove Menopause Hormone Replacement filter Menopause Hormone Replacement
- Prenatal Care (1) Apply Prenatal Care filter
- Womens Health (28) Apply Womens Health filter
- Mental Health (4) Apply Mental Health filter
- Cancer (3) Apply Cancer filter
- Hematology (3) Apply Hematology filter
- Diabetes (2) Apply Diabetes filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (2) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (2) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Incontinence (1) Apply Incontinence filter
- Infectious Disease (1) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Pediatrics (1) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (1) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter