Aminophylline treats asthma and COPD. This medication may cause irritability and restlessness.
Patient Ratings for Aminophylline
How was your experience with Aminophylline?
Uses of Aminophylline
Aminophylline is used in the treatment of:
- Bronchial Spasm
- Pulmonary Emphysema
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Aminophylline Brand Names
Aminophylline Drug Class
Aminophylline is part of the drug class:
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your doctor if you take:
- AMINOPHYLLINE/FLUVOXAMINE MALEATE
- AMINOPHYLLINE/FOSPHENYTOIN SODIUM
- AMINOPHYLLINE/OLEANDOMYCIN (AS TROLEANDOMYCIN)
- AMINOPHYLLINE/TACRINE HYDROCHLORIDE
This is not a complete list of Aminophyllinedrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Aminophylline and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Aminophylline falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Aminophylline should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Aminophylline should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Take aminophylline exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Aminophylline dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Aminophylline is available in the following doses:
- Aminophylline 100 Mg Oral Tablet
- Aminophylline 105 Mg/5 Ml Oral Solution
- Aminophylline 200 Mg Oral Tablet
- Aminophylline 225 Mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release
- Aminophylline 25 Mg/ml Intravenous Solution
- Aminophylline 250 Mg Rectal Suppository
- Aminophylline 500 Mg Rectal Suppository
- Aminophylline Compounding Powder
- Aminophylline/amobarbital/ephedrine 130 Mg-25 Mg-25 Mg Oral Tablet
- Aminophylline/ephedrine/guaifenesin/pb 130 Mg-16 Mg-100 Mg-8 Mg Oral Tablet
- Aminophylline/ephedrine/pb/k Iodide 130 Mg-16 Mg-8 Mg-195 Mg Oral Tablet
Forms of Medication
Aminophylline is available in the following forms:
- Extended Release Tablet
- Injectable Solution
- Oral Solution
- Oral Tablet
- Prefilled Syringe
- Rectal Suppository