Dextroamphetamine treats narcolepsy. Avoid evening doses as it will be difficult to fall asleep.
Patient Ratings for Dexamfetamine
How was your experience with Dexamfetamine?
Uses of Dextroamphetamine
Dextroamphetamine is used in the treatment of:
- Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Dextroamphetamine Brand Names
Dextroamphetamine Drug Class
Dextroamphetamine is part of the drug class:
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your doctor if you take:
- DEXTROAMPHETAMINE/IOFLUPANE I-123
This is not a complete list of Dextroamphetaminedrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Dextroamphetamine and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Dexamfetamine falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Dexamfetamine should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Dexamfetamine should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Take dextroamphetamine exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Dextroamphetamine dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Dextroamphetamine is available in the following doses:
- Dextroamphetamine 10 Mg Oral Capsule, Extended Release
- Dextroamphetamine 10 Mg Oral Tablet
- Dextroamphetamine 15 Mg Oral Capsule, Extended Release
- Dextroamphetamine 2.5 Mg Oral Tablet
- Dextroamphetamine 5 Mg Oral Capsule, Extended Release
- Dextroamphetamine 5 Mg Oral Tablet
- Dextroamphetamine 5 Mg/5 Ml Oral Solution
- Dextroamphetamine 7.5 Mg Oral Tablet
Forms of Medication
Dextroamphetamine is available in the following forms:
- Extended Release Capsule
- Oral Capsule
- Oral Solution
- Oral Tablet